A little grumble about staff

Discussion in 'Server Related' started by TheFuzziChicken, Sep 13, 2017.

1. TheFuzziChicken

TheFuzziChicken New Member

So, until very recently I've had absolutely zero problem with the staff (having only played at most a week) but currently i'm faced with quite a predicament. my modreq's are going unanswered even though there are at a minimum 2-3 staff and occasionally an owner always on. Not only is this the issue but the person who seems to be of any real help is Zaqiel. For example, the second day me and my friends were playing on the server we decided to build a blaze EMC farm, my friend made a modreq as it wasn't working properly and after around 5 mins the modreq was answered by FCgod. Upon finding our broken blaze farm he accused my friends of creating a "lag" machine and destroyed our 30 minutes hard work. Later Zaqiel had a talk with FC and took the matter into his own hands returning to rebuild it for us. So why don't all staff follow the same morals? Its seems as though some staff are extremely helpful and are consistently replying to issues in global chat and modreq's, whereas other members of staff seem to just sit about and do very little only doing stuff when they feel like it. Of course i'm only giving some examples and i didn't want to use names but that's the way i feel my friends and I have been treated on the server. I know this is a lot to read and for that i'm sorry but i hope people of server have the same feelings about this and that at least some of the staff read this.

Kind regards
    TheFuzziChicken

2. MikeyMatou

MikeyMatou New Member

What you are facing is an issue that nearly all servers face with their staff team. There are a few issues at hand.

So think about the large number of staff applicants. How do you tell if they are there legitimately for helping and assisting and who is joining for that beautiful staff title? You cannot ONLY go by what they have done previously as they may just be trying because they want staff, so you have to try and test your luck.

The issue comes when one reaches a safety point. On this server the rank of Helper and Trial-Mod are in my mind a rank of no security. You have to preform and show the management you can be moved up. So that's fine and all, let's say you make it to Moderator, then what? You hit the safe zone. You have become a Moderator, you have abilities such as creative that are $150.00 worth, you have seniority now against any user of the server and unless there are proper logs for the issue, you also have the word to any issue that may come.

The best you have to do is help a few people in chat when the owner is on and call it a day (which is why when Frank is on suddenly the staff that were asleep are talking and answering stuff + even many users wanting staff. Even I can say once I saw Frank on I woke up a bit.). It's like real life, the higher you become, the more pay you recieve and the less work that needs doing (last part depends on the role tbh, of course there are plenty of higher ranks that work hard). These days I barely see any Admins on anymore in the first place...yet I don't believe they would be impressed if they ever lost their rank to inactivity.

I couldn't and wouldn't report a staff member for not doing their job. Unlike reporting them for abuse, what evidence do I have? They didn't help me? Besides, they may have their own reasons and I have misjudged them. That's where the difficulty comes in all this.

As for the regulations, I am just guessing here as I have no clue about what may be behind the scenes, but a staff regulations document can help a lot with guidelines and actions so that all staff may follow the same principle. However, as from what I get told ingame, information about the staff is quite secret, which in my own personal opinion cannot be compared to an open staff team where the users can know what is expected of the staff publicly instead of the staff member dictating their own judgement. Public documentation may it be in the forum's or elsewhere would help, but then the issue comes when users abuse the right and become too picky to what they read the staff regulation as and what is acted on in-game.

Apologies for any mistakes in this post, I am on a shakey bus on my phone.

PS: You wanted staff to see this, but unless they are told specifically to see this, most of them don't check the forum. There are many who put their app in and never returned haha.

#2 MikeyMatou, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  3. TheFuzziChicken

TheFuzziChicken New Member

Well Mikey I appreciate the well thought out reply, and you've helped me understand the servers staff structure a little more. I wish more people did use the forums as its a place to discuss issues with a little more explanation and meaning. Thank you for your help, its much appreciated :)

Kind Regards
    TheFuzziChicken

4. MikeyMatou

MikeyMatou New Member

Ah well, I am just disappointed I can't give you a fix to this, just an explanation from what I've seen. At least you have stated what your thoughts and will make more people less worried to do the same.

5. CrazyActivity

CrazyActivity New Member

Dear FuzziChicken,

first thank you for explaining your grumble.:D The reason why your modreq wasnt answered by them was probably that they didnt had the perm node so they couldnt answer/read it. We got currently alot of problems that needs to be fixed as far you checked discord you know it. And also you need to know that the high staff members have more experience in things like lag makers so dont take it to much serious with your farm. :pI dont know anything abt that due my time in vacation but it would be greate that you pm Fc and talk to him why he said it would make lags instead of posting it here. Also we got guidelins and punishment templates but you cant template everything :D. Anyways we respect your theard also when the server is fixed again we will hopefully fix your issue with the modreq!

If you got any other problems you can always message an staff member on discord or post your help request in the right channel due the late respons on the forum. :p

If you find any bad gramma you can keep them:rolleyes:

CrazyActivity

6. MikeyMatou

MikeyMatou New Member

Well there is Crazy for the reply. Reliable on the forum's aye.

I have to ask, to what standard are the templates? I have seen in what my eyes is the same issue occur twice but different staff punish differently. For example, random chat swearing had occurred and one staff member banned after 3x swearing and the other muted after 3x swearing (blocked words).

Like not angry, just wondering to what extent these templates go and why we cannot know them.

#6 MikeyMatou, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  7. CrazyActivity

CrazyActivity New Member

Hi its me again!,

well its only a template like said mostly you handle small things like that by yourself like: Player joins for first time and starts swearing 3 times -> Punishment wouldnt be a ban in my opinion but if an old player knows the swearing isnt allowed he would have an stronger punishment then the newbie due the knowlege.

8. XLM4X

XLM4X New Member

ive also had a few issues with staff not being bothered to help and telling me to go and do it myself which isnt good