Explore the Community
Tekkit Forums click to switch
Pixelmon Forums click to switch
Feed the Beast Forums click to switch
Vanilla Forums currently browsing

Vanilla Forums

Increasing Server Simulation Distance

Guy Thats A Guy

Hello Everyone, I wanted to inquire about potentially increasing the servers' simulation distance, mainly on 1.21 Survival. From what I can tell, the current distance stands around 5 chunks, which is the minimum on Minecraft Java servers. I feel that this distance is not enough, especially as I found out I cannot run a bamboo farm that is only 76x76 blocks without redstone, minecarts, and items breaking when I sit on one side of the farm. I find it extremely infuriating, considering that from what I can tell, the farthest something can experience physics from the player is 40 blocks.

I understand however, that a server such as the ones hosted here require a lot of resources to keep up and running, and that putting the simulation distance low will help reduce burden on said resources, but I still feel that this simulation distance is extremely hard to work with when creating larger projects, and especially ones involving redstone components which are prone to breaking. even increasing the simulation distance to 10 chunks out of the maximum 32 would be an incredible increase in the capabilities of larger projects.

I hope that someone can give some insight into this and whether or not something like this is possible, or if nothing can be done at all about it.

Thank you.

Last edited: