Ankh - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Ankh, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Ankh

Ankh New Member

Whats your minecraft username?
    Ankh

What is your Discord tag?
    It is currently Ankh#6997, however I will likely change it back to Ankh#1234 soon (was this originally but nitro membership was cancelled due to me changing the bank I use and missing a payment).

Which server do you primarily play on?
    I mostly play on Sky Factory 3, mainly because I enjoy Skyblock-type gamemodes, but also because a lot of the other modpacks the server supports tend to be too much for my computer to handle, and I end up getting around 1 fps when playing on them.

How In-Depth is your knowledge of the FTB Modpacks?
    I'm still fairly new to modpacks, however I have been able to learn quite a bit in the short amount of time that I have been playing this server for (around 1 month). I am quite fast to learn new things, and as such was able to reach "end-game" on SF3 in less than 2 weeks. I don't know absolutely everything there is to know about the FTB modpacks, however I believe teaching others is the best way to learn yourself, and being a staff member would allow me to help others on a regular basis, leading to my own knowledge of the modpacks expanding as well.

Scenario: 2 players are arguing and insulting each other and you are the only staff member online. How would you deal with this situation?
    If I was to witness this, I would likely give a verbal warning to all players involved in the argument, and issue mutes accordingly if the arguing was to continue.

How would you respond if a player consistently broke the rules?
    If they broke multiple rules at the same time, I would punish them for the most severe rule broken. If they are repeatedly breaking rules (eg. previous punishment ends and they break the rule again), I would punish them for the rule that they broke, and possibly increase the punishment length if a repeat offence (depending on staff punishment guidelines).

What can you bring to the community that other applicants do not?
    I have quite a vast amount of staff experience, likely more than most other people. I have been playing Minecraft ever since it came out, and I've picked up quite a lot of tips and tricks on how to properly handle situations quickly and efficiently, as well as always act mature and professional when dealing with players' issues. I am very familiar with staff permissions and abilities, however if there is anything that is different from what I know I am sure that I will be able to pick it up fairly quickly.

How many hours per week do you normally play Complex-Gaming?
    I've been a little inactive recently as it's been getting rather boring ever since I hit that "end-game wall" on SkyFactory3, however now that it is going to be resetting soon, and we are planning to create a massive team island, I am hoping to play more actively. I normally have a lot of spare time on my hands as I'm no longer taking any school-related classes (graduated), so I could likely be online for 4-6 hours a day at the least (28-42 hours weekly).

What timezone do you live in and at what times are you normally on?
    Time Zone:
    Canada, GMT -06:00, Mountain Daylight Time
    The times that I play on greatly vary, as I am more of a "night owl" kind of person and tend to play late into the night occasionally (which leads to me sleeping in). However, I am normally up around 8-10 AM and I go to sleep at around 9-12 PM. Usually always reachable via Discord, as long as I'm awake.

Why do you wish to become staff on Complex-FTB?
    I've been playing on ComplexFTB for a little over a month now, and so far I've been greatly enjoying the gameplay as well as the community, it's very friendly and peaceful as compared to Vanilla servers. I've been trying to help as much as possible by answering any questions I see and whatnot, however there is only so much that a regular player can do. I would like to be able to contribute more to the server in terms of keeping it clean and friendly, as well as make sure that the server is playable, as well as enjoyable, for everyone.

Is there anything else the Complex-Gaming team should know about you?
    There isn't really anything else that would be relevant to the application, so I'm going to say no.

Thank you for taking the time to read over my application, I hope that I may be taken into consideration.
    - Josh // Ankh

#1 Ankh, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019