GoldenCreeper081's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by GoldenCreeper081, Jun 5, 2019.

1. GoldenCreeper081

GoldenCreeper081 New Member

1) Whats your Minecraft username?
    GoldenCreeper081

2) What is your discord tag?

GoldenCreeper081#7749

3) Which server do you primarily play on?

Project Ozone 3

4)How In-Depth is your knowledge of the FTB Modpacks?

I have played with most of the mods in Project Ozone 3 before. When I come across a mod I have no experience with, however, I immediately go into a creative mode single player world, put on a YouTube guide to the mod, and try to figure out as much of the mod as I can.

5) Scenario: 2 players are arguing and insulting each other and you are the only staff member online how would you deal with this situation?
    I would first temporarily mute the two players so other players don't get dragged in and so the chat won't be flooded with their messages. I would then individually get their sides of the story,document heir responses, then suggest possible solutions to the problem. If one cannot be agreed upon, i would take the information I have documented and report the issue to someone with greater authority than I have. If a solution can be agreed upon, I would unmute them and let them go their merry ways while keeping an eye on chat for any other issues from them in the near future.

6) How would you respond if a player consistently broke the rules?
    First I would respond by warning them of possible consequences to their actions if they continued to do them. If that doesn't work, I'd give them minor punishments such as muting them for a certain amount of time and kicking them from the server for a short period of time. If that still doesn't work, I would resort to temporarily banning them. With each punishment, I would explain to them how their actions have broken the rules beforehand then, once they understand what they have done wrong, I would start their punishment.

7) What do you bring to the community that other applicants do not?
    I bring a caring and understand approach to the community. Ever since I joined, I have (if I knew the answer or could help find the answer), attempted to help the members of the server with various problems ranging from figuring out why their machines weren't working to understanding how certain mods work. Each time, I made sure to listen to everything the person had to say then respond accordingly. I pride myself on being readily available for people, especially my friends, to come to when they are having problems of any kind. If I don't have the solution, I always say I don't know but am willing to help them figure it out.

7a) Strengths, Weaknesses, and How I Overcome Those Weaknesses
    Strengths:
    • Mature
    • Understanding
    • Caring
    • Well-Developed Communication Skills
    • Great Eye for Finding and Fixing Issues
    • Excellent Listener
    • Consistent
    • Fair
    Weaknesses and How I Overcome Them:
    • I sometimes get attached to other games, though if I were to be accepted as a staff member, I would dedicate time to get on every week.
    • I used to get annoyed very quickly with people who came to me with the same problem over and over. However, I have started practicing anger management techniques which have greatly increased my tolerance of those kinds of incidents.
    • My sleep schedule often varies so some days I get on late at night and others I will get on in the middle of the day. This is often due to my college workload but I have started holding myself to a set schedule so I can get to bed at a decent time and get up at a decent time. This should allow me to get on the server for decent amounts of time during the week without affecting my sleep too much.
    • I tend to have a negative perception of my voice but I understand that some people may need help through the use of voice chat so, if it is ever needed, I will happily jump into a call with a person to help them with whatever issue they may be having.
    Ultimately, I feel I could be a great addition to the team. I find myself playing and helping people when there aren't many staff members on (if any are on at all at the time) so I could be the staff member ready to help during those times.

8) How many hours per week do you normally play Complex-Gaming?
    20+ Hours a week (between 1-4 hours per night)

9) Is there anything else the Complex-Gaming team should know about you?
    I have a history with troubleshooting IT problems (I have received the Cisco CCENT certification in my junior year of high school which focused heavily on troubleshooting problems). I am a college student studying game design so work may prevent me from getting on everyday. However, this shouldn't interfere with me getting on at least 10 hours a week. If something does come up, however, that prevents me from getting on for an extended period of time (such as a family vacation without access to my computer), I will notify other staff members as soon as I receive information and will try to make up for it by being on discord regularly to assist in helping members.

10) What timezone do you live in and at what times are you normally on (This is to ensure there are staff on at all times)?
    EST/EDT. I am usually on between 12am and 4am though this might change slightly once school starts up again.

11) Why do you wish to become staff on Complex-FTB?
    I saw a lack of staff on the server when I was on and found myself stepping up to help other members so I thought I should apply for a staff position. Seeing the reactions members had when staff members such as Silkone helped them (including myself) also inspired me to apply for a staff position.

MaineYankee likes this.