Staff Application - Ozzydiver

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by OzzyDiver, Mar 15, 2019.

1. OzzyDiver

OzzyDiver New Member

1) Whats your minecraft username?

OzzyDiver

2) What is your discord tag?

Ozzy#5222

3) Which server do you primarily play on?

SF3

4)How In-Depth is your knowledge of the FTB Modpacks?

High level of knowledge regarding SF3 both in mod pack content as well as, through heavy trial and error, lag minimisation and optimisation. I have only skimmed the surface of other mod packs however would still be able to apply knowledge of individual mods from SF3/other mod packs that are in the packs. I have interest in learning the other mod packs however will likely be delayed by taking the opportunity to make an even better base after the coming SF3 reset.

5) Scenario: 2 players are arguing and insulting each other and you are the only staff member online how would you deal with this situation?

Make presence know, attempt to determine source of conflict, try to find a peaceful resolution and instruct players how to to better solve the issue next time. In the event an easy resolution isn't able to be achieved warn players that their conduct is inappropriate and if conflict continues, if permissions of rank allow, place temporary mutes on player/s of up to an hour and place a message in the relevant staff chat describing the incident so other staff are aware if it flares up again or same player/s are involved in repeated offences.

6) How would you respond if a player consistently broke the rules?

Ensure player is aware of the rules by informing them of the issue and educate them as to why the rule is in place if applicable to rule/s in question. If they are aware of rule/s and continue then depending on specific misconduct, and what permissions I had access to, give the player a warning and place a message in appropriate staff chat for future reference. If the player continues, or is breaking rules that may result in harm to the server or provide a negative play experience for other players on the server, refer the matter to a higher level of staff that can determine if a temp ban is necessary or what further actions to take.

7) What do you bring to the community that other applicants do not?

I have a solid knowledge of the mod pack, as well as good problem solving skills to help players find alternate ways to complete there projects while still minimising lag. Alongside this I enjoy helping other players get enjoyment out of the game and approach this with a mature attitude allowing me to handle the difficulties that some players can pose when they disagree with the rules and/or recommendations of the server.

8) How many hours per week do you normally play Complex-Gaming?

Varies depending on workload, usually from 2 hours per day on most days, with much longer days on days off from work (4 to 12 hours is common).

9) Is there anything else the Complex-Gaming team should know about you?

Nothing in particular, as the username suggests I'm from Australia and enjoy scuba diving. I currently am employed in a casual position with between 30 and 40 hrs work each week.

10) What timezone do you live in and at what times are you normally on (This is to ensure there are staff on at all times)?

I live in AEDT (GMT+11) which in winter reverts to GMT+10. I am on at many different times of the day but my standard time frame is usually 1800-2200 (0700-1100 GMT) which does vary depending on shifts.

11) Why do you wish to become staff on Complex-FTB?

It is always very interesting to see how other players play a modpack and some of the creations that they come up with. To this end I enjoy helping them incorporate these builds in such a way that it meets server requirements and enjoy problem solving for new players to mod packs as I had a slow start when I first started playing mod packs. My focus is largely on educating players and trying to keep the game enjoyable for all.