xWaller's Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by xWaller, Jun 4, 2019.

1. xWaller

xWaller New Member

1) Whats your minecraft username?
    xWaller

2) What is your discord tag?
    xWaller#7512

3) Which server do you primarily play on?
    Revelations as of now.I have played PO2, DW20, SF3 and Inf. Evolved

4)How In-Depth is your knowledge of the FTB Modpacks?
    Knowingly that I play more of the "Kitchen sink" packs gives me the ability to say i've had a bit of experience because they are
    very universal, high-modded packs. This time-a-round i've been learning and diving into more mods that i've seen from a
    couple of friends I play with on Revelations.

5) Scenario: 2 players are arguing and insulting each other and you are the only staff member online how would you deal with this situation?
    Depending on the intensity and, if, Complex has a template for punishments, i'd go off of that. If its some simple things and not
    back and forth repeatedly, they'll probably be muted for x amount of time. If issue re-occurs, more-harsh punishments will come forth.

6) How would you respond if a player consistently broke the rules?
    Like above, if there's a guiding template for punishments that is given upon staff ranking, that would be read off of. If not,
    im sure there's either training involved when entering or self-chosen, reasonable punishments. If its consistent, ban(s) will most
    likely be issued.

7) What do you bring to the community that other applicants do not?
    I havent really fully figured this out yet... I'm always willing to tp to players and help them out. If someone needs a hand or a few items
    that they are struggling with that I have and they maybe dont, i'll jump in and help. Or if its a specific mod they want to grasp
    and need that extra step, i'll do my best to help them out.

8) How many hours per week do you normally play Complex-Gaming?
    This is more of a two part answer for me. For the past week, ive been on Revelations, pretty much all day, everyday. This will be
    cutting down a fair bit because im getting a job here soon (which I am sure you all understand) but i'll still be on as much
    as possible! Notices will be given out, to a higher-ranked staff, if I am gone a reasonable amount of time.

9) Is there anything else the Complex-Gaming team should know about you?
    I love screwing about with programming languages (Lua, Java, Python (but not really anymore), and C#), my favorite sport is both
    skiing and snowboarding, hence why winter is my favorite season pretty much. (minus the cold feeling), I used to race dirt bikes and
    go-karts when I was at a younger age but a lot of life events happened and that had to change.

10) What timezone do you live in and at what times are you normally on (This is to ensure there are staff on at all times)?
    GMT (General Mountain Time) USA

11) Why do you wish to become staff on Complex-FTB?
    Im gonna be pretty bold and straight forward on some of this. So if you get offended, personal problem :). Adam, the Admin of the network gets a major +1 for this.
    I have never once seen a helper, nor a mod (except King Kookie) type anywhere in the discord server, ever. Maybe once? Twice? Took us (Members, about 6-10 of us) almost
    half of an hour to get a staff member to respond to a repeating kid, crashing Revelations, and guess who stepped in? Adam. I'd mainly
    like to be staff of complex to bring a more active environment to the discord and server(s) helping players wherever I, myself is available. Can't
    expect a handfull-ish of staff members to carry all the weight of the others, that applied and basically said they'd help and do a set job. I'm a very active player (for now, wont drop too bad soon) and a lot of people, I am damn sure can say this about me. I'll be the help, whenever possible. I also like helping other players and experiencing new things to play around with and be more of an involvement for the community.

12) Do you have any server-managing experience? (OWN QUESTION)
    If you don't know this or haven't figured it out, I like to download the server-side of different modpacks and see how they like to
    run and work. I've been doing this for my own sake of learning, for about 1-2 years now because im always interested in learning
    new stuff when it comes to things like this. I have the Revelations server pack (Not Complex's, so dont think that. LOL) to try
    and follow along to see what I can do to help assist players even more (Reading configs of different things to see what the values are
    Yes I understand some are probably altered by Complex and some isnt, but it still helps players!))

13) Any staff experience in anygame or specifically minecraft/modded? (OWN QUESTION)
    Oh boy, I cant even count. i'd be lost in fat albert's flubber if I had to remember counting the servers i've been staff on for
    a veriatey of games. Garry's mod, a game some of you may know, I've been Co-Leader of 1 or 2 servers, Moderator on a handfull, Admin
    on a few and SuperAdmin/HeadAdmin on a few. Plenty of experience.

When it comes to staffing of minecraft, most of it was done during the good old Tekkit Lite days. I became Admin, on what some of you
    may know/remember, TheFantasyCraft, a pretty large network at the time. I can not remember the name of a REALLY old server that I was
    Moderator on, its been about 5 years since that one.

14) Add-Ons

#1 xWaller, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    MaineYankee likes this.