Application - InfiniteChicken

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by InfiniteChicken, Jun 15, 2019.

1. InfiniteChicken

InfiniteChicken New Member

Requirements:

Active Player!

Played almost 3 Days of play time in the last week's time so Id say so

Has/Uses Discord Often!

I keep it open and use it whenever I need or want to.

Staff Application

1) Whats your IGN?

InfiniteChicken

2) What is your discord name?

MugenNoNiwatori (The translation of InfiniteChicken in Japanese)

3) Which server do you primarily play on?

Survival

4)How In-Depth is your knowledge of Tekkit Classic?

I did play an extensive amount about 6 years ago, and so relearning it is taking a bit but I definitely know all the basics and some more advanced stuff and if I don't know something I am indeed literate, so the wiki is at my disposal.

5) Scenario: 2 players are arguing and insulting each other and you are the only staff member online how would you deal with this situation?

Depends on the situation. I like to use the rules as a firm guideline as regulation of a structure is vital for maintaining a server. So firstly I'd try to calm the both of them down, but at that point I doubt simply saying calm down will do the trick. So I'd explain to them what I see fit for a temporary compromise, I'm a fan of compromises and if it calms down both culprits enough for me to take proper action then its done its job, if it doesn't calm them down then mutes will be handed out and we can carry out further action in discord dms. After that evaluation of the overall issue ensues, pertaining to the rules violations will be explained and fixed. If they cannot calm down or are unwilling to cooperate then I will heed them that Rule 24 states staff word goes, so if they are unhappy then the only viable route is to appeal to a mod on discord. If they still persist, warnings will be dropped.

Another problem I've seen happen however is when no rules pertain to the problem, if thats the case then I would stop at the compromise stage and seek admin help towards concision of the rules or a firm decision on the matter.

6) How would you respond if a player consistently broke the rules?

Warnings would definitely be handed out and if its not enough, seek admins decision on the matter whether a ban or further action is necessary.

7) What do you bring to the community that other applicants do not?

Well I'm very much a fan of logic and reason, I like to see both sides but I also follow strictly to the rules. Every time I've seen an issue on the server I have seen that most conflict between the staff and players occur when there is no rule which pertains to the situation. In this case instead of simply arguing and trying to force my point, which I have seen is usually what happens, I would rather call a compromise seen fit by both parties that suffices until we can find decisive action from a higher up.

8) How many hours per week do you normally play Complex-Gaming?

Well I've only been here about a week and almost have 3 days worth of playtime.... But I work about 30 hours a week, 5 days, so I can easily commit to the 10 hours and will probably be playing more like 30 hours or more a week.

9) Is there anything else the Complex-Gaming team should know about you?

I do have experience in the programming category so if there are any useful implementations of that then I'm happy to lend help. I don't have a lot of experience in server work but I am a quick and avid learner of anything in that suite.

10) What timezone do you live in and at what times are you normally on (This is to ensure there are staff on at all times)?

I am GMT-5. I work from about 2pm - 10pm 5 days a week, but other than that chunk of time I can be on whenever, and am often on later in the night from around 11pm-2am.