iPOTAT00's Latent Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by PyroTechnical, Feb 5, 2019.

1. PyroTechnical

PyroTechnical New Member

IGN: iPOTAT00

Discord: Tato#0001

Common Server: Survival

(=_-<============((0))============>-_=)

KNOWLEDGE: I'll have to peg this as an incredibly broad question, so I'll just list some things I know.

1. I know how MSFU's work. For example, its use with the teleporter.

2. I know the many blocks, of course since I've been primarily using them to build. For example, I know how to cut the blocks down to covers, thirds, fourths, pillars, etc.

3. Basic things such as collectors and condensers duplicating blocks based on EMC, a system which I am very familiar to. I've also noticed that the author of Tekkit Classic made it so no further duplication is possible; i.e. a diamond block has less EMC than 9 diamonds.

4. I can create machines using macerators, for example, the two outside my "castle" which use a system of redstone and blaze rods, filters, macerators, and pneumatic/redstone tubes to duplicate Red Matter at a decent pace.

For problems of unnecessary longevity, I request that you bear with me as I continue on to the next steps.

Scenario: Two players are throwing argumentative insults at each other, and I find myself a lone wolf. Having to throw down proper action, I would naturally attempt to ease the argument, by resolving it. I go over to them, ask them what is wrong. For example let's say a player stole something of the other players'; of course this is bannable, so I have the upper hand here and should easily be able to end this by threatening a ban upon the thief. Of course, if the they do not comply, the proper punishment will be issued.

If a player consistently broke the rules; well I'll have to give 2 mock scenarios on that.

Let's say for one,
    this player is new, and suddenly causing trouble. There are a couple lengths of toxic here, let's just say this player keeps saying the server sucks, that gets annoying so that would (under my judgement) end with a mute.

Let's say this player is bypassing the filter in chat, and swearing a bunch, a mute for that too.
    Now let's say this player is just being outright racist, using derogatory terms, swearing and stating their complete distaste for whatever race, I would hope in the rule book this allows for a ban, because under my judgement that would be (and should be) a permanent ban. Then again if they just say the n-word once, they'd just be muted, I'm talking full out, all in racism.

Now let's say for two, this player has been around a while, apparently, and as a newly appointed staff, I wouldn't know if I should take action right away, and ask a more experienced staff member, because in my mind I'd be thinking that there must be a reason this player keeps being let off the hook, because perhaps such things they are saying are allowed, especially on this server where swearing is permitted in moderation.

As for what I bring to the community that my competition does not, I do bring much staff experience, as I've had such a position on several. Some being iDMC, Minestar, a now dead server called NestMC, VortexMC (now under a rename since that name had been sold to someone else), and several discord servers.

Hopefully I can also bring a sense of community to the server, also playing more on Skyblock and Factions where there is next to none, I've noticed that it is quite silent on those gamemodes.

I communicate with the playerbase as I always have, nothing changes except my sophistication, as I'll need more of that as staff. Meaning I won't swear much if at all, that wouldn't be very professional. As a staff member, I see myself as a representative of what Complex has to offer, and if I go around dropping the f bomb, well that wouldn't bode well.

I look to adapt and learn to the server all around, becoming something better than seen before, at least in due time. If accepted, I won't be the one to slack off, as my role would be ever more important.

I cannot think of much more, for I am not so bold as to assume I'm just better than everyone else, however I do know that I have things to offer.

I haven't been counting the amount of hours I play per day, but as I do have an entire palace to build, I'm on pretty often; several hours at a time.

As for an actual number of hours, I can do up to 20 hours per week, when factoring in my job hours.

As for anything else that Complex would like to know about me; I am not good with broad questions so this would be something to ask me with more direct questions in my DMs if you wish.

My timezone is Central.

As of posting this application, my current time is exactly 3pm.

2. PyroTechnical

PyroTechnical New Member

Oh, I forgot to mention that I am 19. Oops.