Myloxl's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Myloxl, May 8, 2019.

1. Myloxl

Myloxl New Member

To get this started with i'll do it in the list template.
    1) Whats your IGN?
    Myloxl

2) What is your discord name?
    Myloxl#4214

3) Which server do you primarily play on?
    Survival

4)How In-Depth is your knowledge of Tekkit Classic?
    I've played tekkit for nearly six years now and have a very strong understanding of Tekkit's basics and it's advanced features. From IC2 machines, Reactors, Redpower, Bluletricity, BuildCraft, EE2, etc. My only lacking aspect is ComputerCraft, but in almost every other aspect I have a moderately strong understanding of the mods tekkit has.

5) Scenario: 2 players are arguing and insulting eachother and you are the only staff member online how would you deal with this situation?
    I would handle this in a step-by-step process depending on how bad it carries on.
    First, I would issue a verbal warning to both of them through private messages to tell them to stop. If they stop, then problem solved. If they continue, I would both warn and mute them for about 10-15 minutes, or longer depending on severity. Once this mute ends, if they carry on, I would give them a second warn for not stopping and kick them off the server as punishment.

6) How would you respond if a player consistently broke the rules?
    I would work off a strike system where if someone breaks a rule they get put down for a 'strike', if they break another one, they get another strike. If they manage to rack up three strikes, I would temporarily ban them (24-48 hours) as a punishment, and if they returned after said temporary ban and broke the rules again, I would issue a full ban. However if they break a rule once and don't break any others for 2 weeks, their previous strike can be revoked without concern of it lingering.

7) What do you bring to the community that other applicants do not?
    That depends on what the other applicants provide in the first place haha. Jokes aside, I tend to be rather talkative in the chat which is essential in interacting with the community. I'm also easily contactable on discord, either being Online and responsive, of offline with real-life responsibilities. In terms of server-running capabilities, i've been the manager of a few servers in the past, most recently being one for the Pantheon Community. I have retired from their staff, but my knowledge still carries over.

8) How many hours per week do you normally play Complex-Gaming?
    Right now I tend to play about 12-14 hours in a week, fluctuating higher/lower depending on university studies.

9) Is there anything else the Complex-Gaming team should know about you?
    I'm currently an engineering student at university studying, which means my online hours may fluctuate depending on projects and assignments, but I can still keep to the 10 hour minimum helpers need.

10) What timezone do you live in and at what times are you normally on (This is to ensure there are staff on at all times)?
    +8:00, AWST
    Times vary depending on day from 4pm to 8pm, to 6-10pm, or even 11am-8pm.

If you need more information, feel free to contact me on the discord. (Name linked above)