Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by WhippinCows, Apr 10, 2019.

1. WhippinCows

WhippinCows New Member

1) Whats your IGN?

WhippinCows

2) What is your discord name?

Bonestorm#6934

3) Which server do you primarily play on?

Survival

4)How In-Depth is your knowledge of Tekkit Classic?

I have played Tekkit Classic off and on for several years. I have had a hiatus of about 2 years prior to recently since I have extensively played Tekkit Classic, but I am knowledgeable and experienced with most aspects of Tekkit Classic.
    5) Scenario: 2 players are arguing and insulting eachother and you are the only staff member online how would you deal with this situation?

I'm sure there are specific guidelines for staff to follow regarding this type of situation due to server policy, but let's assume that for now I do not know of these guidelines.

If I witnessed an argument, I would simply ask for them to tone it down unless it escalated into something involving disparaging language (insults). I first would issue a warning for those involved in the situation to disengage from their conversation if they couldn't be civil. If those involved refused to acknowledge my warning and understand the gravity of it, I would then issue a formal citation. If these players still continued to disrupt chat and considering I had power to mute/ban players, I would issue a 2 hour mute to those involved. If this did not solve the issue, they would then receive a temporary server ban (or if I didn't have the power to do this, I would refer the situation to senior staff to use their judgment regarding the breach of rules).

6) How would you respond if a player consistently broke the rules?

If I witnessed a player consistently breaking the rules, and disciplinary actions were not effective, I would (considering I have the authorization) temporary ban them (at an increasing interval) for each additional major breach of rules.
    7) What do you bring to the community that other applicants do not?

While I do not like to brag on myself, I would like to mention in here that I have a double undergraduate major in Accounting and Management, and I am currently pursuing an MBA and CPA in college.

My college schooling of almost 6 years has provided me with effective population/workforce management and while it is not directly applicable to a Minecraft server, I can use that knowledge to effectively and efficiently manage order in our chats and player actions.

8) How many hours per week do you normally play Complex-Gaming?

Since I am very new to this server, I have not played for enough hours to give you an estimate of my playtime, but I am currently getting out of the busy season with taxes (I work as a seasonal tax preparer). I have extra time on my hands for the foreseeable future, and will most definitely be able to put around 10 hours+ of play time.

9) Is there anything else the Complex-Gaming team should know about you?

I have an energetic and sarcastic personality, which I like to use to maintain close friendships and socialize with others.
    My social skills are very presentable to a population of all ages.

I think I have an expectation of people that everyone would consider fair.

10) What timezone do you live in and at what times are you normally on (This is to ensure there are staff on at all times)?

Eastern Standard Time --- I can be on at most of any time necessary, but I am usually most active (on my computer) at around 1700 - 0300 (5pm-3am) my time.

#1 WhippinCows, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019